Welcome to the website of Billesdon Surgery and its branch at Bushby.
Please use the menu options on the right of the page to navigate around the site. This site includes the facility to book or cancel appointments and order repeat medications on-line; please select 'appointments' or 'prescriptions' from the menu bar.
Healthier You NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP)
If you have had a blood test within the last 12 months indicating that you are at high risk of Type 2 Diabetes, you are eligible to attend the Healthier You: NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme.
This education programme is available free of charge. You will receive tailored support to help you to make positive changes to your diet, weight and the amount of physical activity you do, to significantly reduce your risk of, or even prevent you from, developing Type 2 Diabetes.
If you would like to attend the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme, please ask a GP or Practice Nurse to refer you.
Further information on the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme is available:
Telephone: 0800 3213 150
Important Notice to Patients concerning Open Surgery
From January 3rd 2017 Open Surgery to see the Nurse or Health Care Assistant is stopping. All Appointments will be pre-booked when you want to see a Nurse or Health Care Assistant.
When booking an appointment the receptionist will ask you for a few details regarding the type of appointment you need. This is just to make sure you have the right appointment, with the right person and the right amount of time for you problem. We hope this change will reduce your waiting time and improve the efficiency of the surgery.
Open Surgery to see a doctor is not changing. The doors open at 8:30 am. To avoid queuing outside the surgery you can arrive anytime between 8:30 am and 10:00 am to see a GP on the same day.
For more information about this change to Open Surgery please click here.
Our Vision & Values
- For our Patients
- To provide effective, efficient and safe healthcare services for our patients.
- To treat our patients fairly and equally; with dignity and respect.
- To listen, communicate, consult and collaborate with our patients.
- To provide an environment that is welcoming, caring and accessible for all our patients.
For our Practice and Locality
- To work with others to improve the health of our patients and the local population.
- To deliver healthcare in modern and fully equipped premises.
- To utilize our computer system fully and consistently, and embrace new technologies.
- To be mindful of cost efficiency and effectiveness, and to minimize waste.
For our Practice Team
- To maintain a supportive, fulfilling and rewarding working environment for all.
- To encourage personal development through effective appraisal and training.
- To listen to all team members and value comments, suggestions and contributions.
- To project a positive and professional image of ourselves both within and outside the Practice.
- To work hard and have fun!
Walk-In Services Out-of-Hours
Please note that our local cottage hospitals provide walk-in services for minor illness and minor injuries when our surgery is closed. Please click here for further details.
If you wish to download a printable Practice Booklet please click here. Please note you will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view the Booklet. It can be downloaded free at www.adobe.com